Elderly Care Companion
Elderly Companionship Services in the UK
For many elderly people there comes a time when they need more support than their own busy families can provide but not so much that a ‘trained carer’ is required. Furthermore, most elderly people are keen to stay in their own homes for as long as possible before possibly moving into sheltered accommodation or a care home. Elderly companions fill this gap and offer comparatively inexpensive support, security and home-help. Combat Elderly loneliness with Elderly Companionship Services in the UK.
One can expect a KINDER Companion’s duties to include:
- Checking-on elderly person first thing in the morning and last thing at night
- Reminding the elderly person/s to take any medication
- Keeping the home clean and tidy
- Light ironing
- Accompanying elderly person/s on errands (eg. doctor, shopping)
- Alerting emergency services and/ or family in case of accident or sudden illness
- Providing companionship and sense security to the elderly person/s in their own home (and by extension comfort to their family)
- Possibly light pet care duties (depending on situation)
- Possibly driving the elderly person/s (elderly person provides car to facilitate this)
- Possibly being ‘on-call’ during the night to offer assistance if required
Duties which lie outside of the Elderly Companion’s remit are:
- Personal care and hygiene
- Administering of any medications in any form
- Lifting of the elderly person/s (if lifting is required a hoist can be arranged and the elderly companion can be trained to use it).
For these duties you will need to engage a trained and qualified carer or care assistant.
Are you ready to find out more? Contact the Team or Register in order to be sent suitable elderly carer companion candidates.
Register to find a Care Companion for you/ your loved one
It is Free to register, and KINDER will start the search for an elderly care companion for you or your loved one. Service Fee is per candidate, and paid once. Fee only payable should you employ a candidate through us. Register: KINDER will find you an Elderly Care Companion >
Apply to be an Elderly Care Companion
Our service is completely free for job seekers. Complete application form and we will send you suitable Elderly Companion Jobs. It’s as simple as that! Apply: KINDER will find you Elderly Care Companion Job >
If you are elderly or looking after someone who is elderly and you have questions AGE UK, the charity, has a tremendous amount of advice and guidance on its website. If your concern are more health related then speak to your GP.
Also speak to your GP to find out if you might qualify for council funded care services.