Governess Agency, London and International
Kinder Staff is a specialist agency for professional childcarers, governesses and household staff.
Based in London, we work for families in the UK and world-wide. We are highly rated for our selection of professional candidates as much as our client oriented service.
Ready to find out more?
Get in touch and speak to a consultant
What is a Governess or Governor
When your children outgrow their nanny then now is a good time to consider employing a governess instead. A governess is essentially a private teacher. They will educate and guide your child or children.
Dimiss your idea of a strict, old-fashioned governess! These days a governess or governor:
- is a role model,
- someone who has achieved academically themselves,
- is in tune with children,
- knows how to bring subjects alive and
- has an energy and an element of fun which keeps children on track and engaged.
Your governess will inspire your children; help them to see learning as the key to an exciting future and will be rooting for them, as a mentor.
Our governesses and governors enjoy helping children learn and have a real interest in children and their future success. Your children's success is the governess's success!
What to look for when selecting a governess or governor:
A Kinder governess is chosen for their:
- educational background (school, A levels, University Degree or Master's Degree)
- Sporting or Musical achievements
- knowledge of particular languages and / or subjects.
- previous experience as a governess and teacher or nanny / their CV
- knowledge of the particular curriculum the child will be following
- and knowledge of a country’s school system if they are working towards entering eg. A top British school.
- the quality of their references
- some unusual complimentary skill or quality
Most governesses have been very well educated themselves and achieved good grades, a university degree and often a Master’s Degree. Most have also worked as a teacher and some may also have experience as a nanny. Usually they have worked as a governess/governor before.
Our families select their governess according to the above and also based on the particular ‘fit’ or ‘chemistry.’ It helps to be aligned on views and educational style and be understanding of the other’s culture, if they differ. Crucially the child and governor need to get on well. Their bond may take some days to develop but it is essential in order to make the most of this bespoke educational support.
A Kinder Governess usually works full time and lives in. They are commonly provided with separate accommodation. A Kinder governess may work anywhere in the world.
What checks does a governess agency conduct?
When hiring a governess through Kinder, please be assured that each governess :
- is Interviewed and Assessed by our experienced nanny consultants in London, or internationally.
- has had a Minimum of 2, usually 3 References verbally Checked.
- has all Supporting Documents Checked (passport, certificates, educational qualifications etc.)
- provided proof of address (for identification purposes)
- CV is scrutinised for everything it does and does not contain. Any discrepancies in dates etc. are investigated.
If we are not satisfied that the candidate makes the grade, we terminate their candidacy. However, we also require and support our families to conduct their own checks to ensure the candidate meets their requirements.
Governess Search; What happens next?
If the prospective governess passes our stringent selection procedures, we will we put them forward to you. This will include:
- Our interview notes
- Governess CV and / or comprehensive application form
- Short video/ audio introduction by the Governess
- Their completed Assessment Questionnaire - with questions and answers specific to your role.
- Cover letter; why they are applying to be your governess and what makes them the best governess for your role.
- References either at the start or further into the process.
Personal and sensitive information is held by the agency and will be shared with the family employer, at a later stage of the hiring process (eg. DBS check, passport)
If you are looking Hire a Governess and wish to compare Agency Fees, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Contact us here.
Find me a Kinder Governess!
Instruct us to find you your perfect Governess or Governor. Our highly competitive service fee is only charged when you decide employ one of our candidates and they accept.
Answer my questions first...
Our friendly and professional team of placement consultants is available to you. Just call, email or message us.
Kinder Nannies & Staff provides guardianship services for children who are being schooled in the UK. Get in touch with Gillian if you would like to know more.