Private Household Staff Agency in the UK
If you are looking for a household staff agency which shares the same values, and upholds the same high standards as you do, then you will not be disappointed by our agency. Kinder Household Staff Agency in London help private households in the UK and Internationally source top quality employees.
We do not charge a registration fee, therefore it is entirely free to send us your brief and let us start searching for you today. Only upon acceptance of staff introduced by us, do we charge only a nominal and affordable fee which you will be as happy with as with our highly tailored professional service.
Below are the main categories of Private Staff we can source for you, however, we are also able to help with your non-standard staff positions. Simply call our friendly team to discuss.
Elderly Care Companion
There is a time in the lives of most older people between being fit and totally independent and needing nursing care in sheltered accommodation or a care home. When the first stage is definitely behind you, you want to prolong this middle stage for as long as possible before reaching care and nursing home. Our Kinder Elderly Companions help keep you in the middle stage for as long as possible, thus maintaining independence and enabling you (or your elderly parent/s) to stay in your own home for as long as possible.
Our Elderly Companions live in (in your spare bedroom or annexe) and they support the elderly person/s in practical ways, but it is important to note that they are not nurses nor trained carers, for those you will need to contact a care agency or ask your GP)
Duties an Elderly Companion can undertake :
- Preparation of (reasonably) nutritious meals and snacks
- Laundry (washing bedding & clothes)
- Changing bedding
- Small amount of ironing
- Helping to keep the home clean and tidy
- Some Elderly Companions are happy to help a little with pets (feeding and walking)
- Accompanying the elderly person/s to the doctor or shopping.
- Accompanying the elderly person/s on a stroll/ walk
- Helping them to dress and possibly assisting into or out of the bath/ shower (not lifting)
- Helping to remind the elderly person/s to take their medication
- Being on stand-by during the night should the elderly person/s need assistance to reach the bathroom.
- Providing the security to them and to their family of knowing that there is someone with them who can act should they have a fall or incur a sudden illness.
Pay scale for live in Elderly Companion :
- £10.00 - £14.00 Gross per hour
A Tutor Governess / Governor may work part-time or full time and usually lives with the family. Where families have young children the Tutor may be a Nanny Tutor, performing a mixture of Nanny and Tutor duties.
Tutor Governess / Governors are highly sought after in the London area and also overseas; Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Russia, China. They may be required to travel if the family regularly moves to different countries or different cities.
Some tutors have degrees and training in teaching or in specialised subjects and often part-time tutors will provide more of a supportive role, with the children receiving most of their education at a school but receiving additional tutoring or support at home.
You may specify which skills you need (maths, Spanish, English etc)
An Estate Manager could also be called a Household Manager and is a top level staff position. It is a Job which can vary very much indefinition according to the employers' situation. They manage the property and grounds. An Estate Manager may be in charge of a large home or multiple homes or be working for a small luxury hotel. Managers may be in charge of a large team of staff and will report directly to the owner to plan and execute operations.
These roles can be live-in if an annexe or separate accommodation within the grounds is available, otherwise live out.
The role requires someone with training, a good level of previous experience in this area of management, meticulous attention to detail, excellent organisation and leadership skills as well as discretion.
Chauffeur / Driver
What better job can there be if you love cars, adore driving and enjoy working for important interesting people. This is how Kinder Chauffeurs see it.
You provide the car and they provide the chauffeured experience.
Drivers can be particularly helpful to
- Drive you to and from work. A little luxury if you work long hours. You may choose to relax or to work whilst you are being driven.
- Drive you longer distances if you regularly need to visit different locations for work.
- Particularly helpful if you live in a rural location where transport is not close. Or should you prefer not to take public transport.
- If your family has many requirements to be taken to school/ nursery / sports / social engagements / shopping. A large family may keep a chauffeur busy all day!
- Having your own dedicated chauffeur means you are always escorted in your own car, with no need to book and no chance of a driver not showing up (as when booked through another company).
We are told that eating regularly and healthily should be one our top priorities. That is all very well, however it takes time and planning and not a little skill to make nutritious, balanced meals every day. Those who can engage the help of a trained chef. A Private Chef will take meal stress out of your life. Benefits of a Private Chef:
- Prepare meals according to your time-table
- Cater for your / your family's preferences and crucially cater for those with food intolerances and food allergies. Food allergies and intolerances are on the increase, and can make meal preparation hard work and time costly when there are members in a family who have different requirements.
- Cater for any special weight-loss or other health related diet.
- Working part-time a private chef can also make meals which can be stored/ frozen to be eaten on other days of the week.
- Families with babies/ young children who want to ensure their children receive the best, freshest food, which cannot be achieved through shop-bought baby food.
- Helpful in catering for different requirements of different family members, where different menus need to be provided, thus saving the family much time.
- A housekeeper may be a good cook and a nanny may be able to provide a good standard of meal to the children, but they are not food specialists and do not have the training or experience to provide the benefits listed above to the level of a Private Chef.
- A private chef is an invaluable support if you enjoy entertaining at home.
A Household Manager can be the best solution to oversee a large, staffed home. The Household Manager will be in charge of the other staff and will report directly to the head of the family. This position is similar to that of Housekeeper but with more and wider reaching responsibilities; it is also similar to that of a Butler and Estate Manager.
House Managers :
- Manage the other household staff (nannies, housekeeper, chauffeur, chef)
- Recruit new household staff
- Schedule and manage all repairs and maintenance within the house and garden/ estate.
- Manage contractors, cleaning staff, entertaining, laundry.
- Manage food and menu planning.
- Handle household bills, orders and deliveries.
This is never a junior position. A person may only become a Household Manager when they have considerable experience of running a household and of the different areas of domestic service and household maintenance.
A Personal Assistant can be used in a business only setting or for a private person's business and private life. They will assist in communications (by phone, email, letter) making arrangements and are expected to use their experience to pro-actively guide and take action where permitted.
Personal Assistants may deal with invoices and bills, set up accounts, help source other staff, take on the bulk of the communication sent to the Principal on his/ her behalf.
Personal Assistants are expected to be excellent communicators and quick thinking. Discretion, quick-thinking and being pro-active are essential traits.
Special Needs Companion
A Special Needs Companion is similar to an Elderly Companion and is not a carer but daily assistant to those with imited mobility or other similar limitations. They are not nurses or trained medically in any way. They help with shopping, meal preparation, light housework, possibly light pet care, general support and errands.