Would your children love a KINDER Nanny?
Nanny Agency in London
British & International Nannies / Nanny Placements
Nannies in London
London, UK & International Nanny Placements
Nanny UK & Nanny Abroad
How to find a good, professional nanny
- Suitably and sufficiently experienced (relevant and recent)
- Personality attributes (initiative, reliable, kind, flair for children)
- Right attitude (flexible, hard working, conscientious)
- Clean enhanced DBS check
- Good References (checked verbally)
- other Key Attributes you may require (drives, available long term, degree-educated, energetic, positive, well mannered, good work ethic)
Furthermore we will ensure that the nannies are fully briefed on the role you are looking to fill, before they are put forward to you.
What checks does a professional nanny agency conduct?
When hiring a nanny through Kinder, we want you to know that all our Kinder nannies :
- are Interviewed and Assessed by our experienced nanny consultants in London, or internationally.
- a Minimum of 2, usually 3 References are verbally Checked with previous employers.
- all Supporting Documents are Checked (passport, certificates, nanny qualifications etc.)
- Criminal Background Checks
- Right to Work Checks
- require proof of nanny's address (for identification purposes)
- CV is scrutinised for everything it does and does Not contain. Any discrepancies in dates etc. are investigated.
At any point in our dealings with a nanny, if we incur doubts and are no longer fully satisfied about their suitability, then we will terminate their candidacy.
The Kinder Nannies team are professionals who take our work seriously and it is important to us that we get it right and exceed your expectations. We aim to make finding a top nanny as easy, even pleasurable, for you as possible.
Please ask to be sent a copy of our full terms and conditions.
Nanny Search; What happens next?
If a nanny has passed our stringent selection procedures, and confirmed interest in your role, and we believe them to be well suited, we will we put them forward to you. This will include:
- Our notes on the nanny's suitability.
- Nanny's full CV and / or registration form
Often accompanied by:
- Short video/ audio introduction prepared by the nanny
- Their completed Assessment Questionnaire - with questions and answers specific to your role.
- Cover letter; why they are applying to be your nanny and why they believe they are perfect for your job.
- Nanny references (written and/or verbal) either at the start or once you confirm your interest in the nanny.
Personal and sensitive information is held by the agency and will be shared with the family employer, during the later stages of the hiring process (eg. DBS check, passport, driving licence)
You then simply tell us if you agree the nanny could be suitable, and we'll then arrange the interview for you.
Some clients have an immediate sense of whether the candidate is right (or wrong) for them after the first interview; and may offer nanny the job at this stage already. Others go on to arrange a second interview or a short trial with the nanny. Many families like to see how their prospective new nanny interacts with their children before making a job offer. Likewise many nannies are selective about the offers they accept and often prefer to undertake a short trial before committing themselves and accepting a nanny job offer.
Are you looking Hire a Nanny and want to compare Nanny Agency Fees? You'll be pleasantly surprised; get in touch to request our- Kinder Fees-
Need a professional nanny?
Instruct us to find your perfect nanny. Tell us exactly what you are looking for; what is Essential for you and what would be a 'nice to have'. Our main service fee / placement fee is only charged when you decide employ one of our candidates and they accept.
Different employment options, Nanny
If you ask a nanny what they prefer, they will usually opt to work a full time position with 1 family, Monday - Friday 8 to 10 hours per day. However, families where both parents work full time need nanny to start before they leave for work and to stay until at least 1 parent has returned home. This means that nannies are very often required to work 10, 11 or even 12 hours per day. It is also increasingly common that 1 parent works a shorter week and might need part time Nanny help only on 3 or 4 days per week.
KINDER Nannies have nannies for most variations of nanny jobs, part time, full time, live in or live out nannies. Where a nanny works part-time they either need to be paid a high hourly rate, to achieve an acceptable salary. Nannies generally no longer take on 2nd jobs - not professional nnannies.
What hours do nannies prefer to work?
Generally speaking, nannies would prefer to work slightly more hours (ca. 40-50 hours) to earn a good salary rather than fewer hours (eg. 30) for which they would receive lower pay. But too many hours is also not so appealing and the number of nannies applying to jobs requiring 60 hour weeks is sharply in decline. We see 60 hours per week only for live in or rota positions these days.
Live In or Live Out Nannies (Residential or Daily Nanny)
You may already have thought about which arrangement works better for you, or maybe you are undecided. Here are some pros and cons to consider when deciding upon employing daily nanny or residential nanny:
Live In Nanny, advantages (from the family's point of view)
- Avoids daily stress of waiting for Nanny to arrive on time, so that you are not late for work / children late to school etc.
- No commute, which is better when Nanny needs to work a long days, and may become burned out over time.
- Can offer more flexibility in terms of working hours (this MUST be discussed with Nanny first, as they do not like to be taken advantage of just because they live at work).
- Salary may be slightly lower, as Nanny receives board and lodging when living in (accommodation and some or all meals).
- Wider pool of candidates to choose from, not just very local nannies. So, if you live in an expensive area where nannies can't afford to live, choosing a live in nanny means your search is not restricted to those fewer candidates within commuting distance of your home.
- More likely to be open to evening babysitting (but don't over do it - if nanny is already working a long day...)
Note to family: more experienced or independently minded nannies often prefer to live-out, even if it means commuting. This is mainly to preserve their own private lives, or if they have their own families. Another arrangement we are seeing more often is nanny living in during the week and going to her/his home at the weekends.
Disadvantages (from the family's point of view)
- perceived loss of privacy (some basic rules and tweaks can help guard privacy)
- giving up a bedroom (and possibly bathroom) in your home
- giving up an annexe which could otherwise be let out, or used by guests
- just because you like someone enough to employ them, does not necessarily mean you want them in your home on a permanent basis.
- you may have very different routine or ways of living which might make an otherwise good working relationship a little strained. For example, one might rise very early when the other wants to sleep, or one might cook later in the evening when the other wants the kitchen tidied and closed.
Pay Scale for nannies; what do live out and live in nannies earn?
- Live Out Nanny - £17.00 - £24.00 Gross per hour
- Live In Nanny - £13.00 - £18.00 Gross per hour
Kinder nanny agency in London offers you plentiful guidance to help you find your perfect nanny:
- weekend nanny
- term time only nanny
- short-term nanny, maternity cover nanny or emergency nanny
- holiday nanny
- travelling nanny
- night nanny
- rota nanny
- London nannies
- Manny (Male Nanny)
- bi-lingual nanny (or see below)
- maternity nurse (or see below)
- junior nanny (or see below)
- nanny housekeeper (or see below)
- nanny PA (see below)
Our friendly London nanny agency is happy to discuss all these options with you.
Find me a Kinder Nanny Housekeeper!
Instruct us to search for you perfect Nanny candidates. Our highly competitive service fee is only charged when you decide employ one of our candidates and they accept.
Answer my questions first...
Our friendly and professional team of nanny placement experts is available to you. Just call, email or message us.