Would your children love a KINDER Nanny?
Nanny Agency in London
British & International Nannies / Nanny Placements
Nannies in London
London, UK & International Nanny Placements
Nanny UK & Nanny Abroad
Different employment options, Nanny
Full time Nanny / part time Nanny Register for a Kinder Nanny / Staff
If you ask a nanny what they prefer, they will usually opt to work a full time position with 1 family, Monday - Friday 8 to 10 hours per day. However, this only reflects a minority of positions available. Families where both parents work full time need nanny to start before they leave for work and to stay until at least 1 parent has returned home. This means that nannies are very often required to work 10, 11 or even 12 hours per day. It is also common that 1 parent works part time and might need part time Nanny help only on 3 or 4 days per week.
KINDER Nannies have nannies for most variations of nanny jobs, part time, full time, live in or live out nannies. Where a nanny works part-time they either need to be paid a high hourly rate, to achieve a living wage, or (less common these days) they might take on a 2nd part-time nanny position to make up the hours so they can achieve a 'full time' weekly salary which they can live from.
What hours do nannies prefer to work?
Generally speaking, nannies would prefer to work slightly more hours (ca. 45-50 hours) to earn a good salary rather than fewer hours (eg. 30) for which they would receive lower pay. But too many hours is also not so appealing and the number of nannies applying to jobs requiring 60 hour weeks is sharply in decline. We see 60 hours per week only for live in or rota positions these days.
Live In or Live Out Nannies (Residential or Daily Nanny)
You may already have thought about which arrangement works better for you, or maybe you are undecided. Here are some pros and cons to consider when deciding upon employing daily nanny or residential nanny:
Live In Nanny, advantages (from the family's point of view)
- Avoids daily stress of waiting for Nanny to arrive on time, so that you are not late for work / children late to school etc.
- No commute, which is better when Nanny needs to work a long days, and may become burned out over time.
- Can offer more flexibility in terms of working hours (this MUST be discussed with Nanny first, as they do not like to be taken advantage of just because they live at work).
- Salary may be slightly lower, as Nanny receives board and lodging when living in (accommodation and some or all meals).
- Wider pool of candidates to choose from, not just very local nannies. So, if you live in an expensive area where nannies can't afford to live, choosing a live in nanny means your search is not restricted to those fewer candidates within commuting distance of your home.
- More likely to be open to evening babysitting (but don't over do it - if nanny is already working a long day...)
Note to family: more experienced or independently minded nannies often prefer to live-out, even if it means commuting. This is mainly to preserve their own private lives, or if they have their own families. Another arrangement we are seeing more often is nanny living in during the week and going to her/his home at the weekends.
Disadvantages (from the family's point of view)
- perceived loss of privacy (some basic rules and tweaks can help guard privacy)
- giving up a bedroom (and possibly bathroom) in your home
- giving up an annexe which could otherwise be let out, or used by guests
- just because you like someone enough to employ them, does not necessarily mean you want them in your home on a permanent basis.
- you may have very different routine or ways of living which might make an otherwise good working relationship a little strained. For example, one might rise very early when the other wants to sleep, or one might cook later in the evening when the other wants the kitchen tidied and closed.
Pay Scale for nannies; what do live out and live in nannies earn?
- Live Out Nanny - £14.00 - £19.00 Gross per hour
- Live In Nanny - £10.00 - £15.00 Gross per hour
Kinder nanny agency in London offers you plentiful guidance to help you find your perfect nanny:
- weekend nanny
- after-school nanny (often with full time in the school holidays)
- wrap-around nanny (before & after school / nursery only)
- term time only nanny
- short-term nanny, maternity cover nanny or emergency nanny
- holiday nanny
- travelling nanny
- shared nanny or nanny with their own child - NWOC nanny (can be cost effective)
- night nanny
- rota nanny
- London nannies
- Manny (Male Nanny)
- bi-lingual nanny (or see below)
- maternity nurse (or see below)
- junior nanny (or see below)
- nanny housekeeper (or see below)
- nanny PA (see below)
Our friendly London nanny agency is happy to discuss all these options with you. Of the list above 'wrap-around nanny' and 'after school nanny' positions are tricky to fill, and we are unable to source high calibre nannies for these lower paying roles.
Find me a Kinder Nanny Housekeeper!
Instruct us to search for you perfect Nanny candidates free of charge. Our highly competitive fee is only charged if you employ one of our candidates. Searching is free!
Answer my questions first...
Our friendly and professional team of nanny placement experts is available to you. Just call, email or message us.